Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a robust, inventory-featured packed Cloud or On-Premises ERP System that is a great fit for Wholesale Distributors. Broad inventory management features, plus the ability for add-on functionality makes this business solution each to customize and use. Keep reading the main reasons why distributors choose Microsoft Business Central.
If you are used to Microsoft ERP systems in the past, you may remember, Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Dynamics NAV or “Navision” by some, was the most popular ERP system for Small to Mid-Sized from 4 distinct Microsoft Business Management Systems-Dynamics AX, GP, SL, and NAV. What made Dynamics NAV so much in demand are broad business functionalities around Financials, Supply Chain, Inventory, Warehouse, Project Management, CRM, Manufacturing, and much more. Dynamics NAV had a reputation for being easy to customize and also flexible with deployment options; either on-premises or cloud-based. Companies that are looking for Microsoft Dynamics NAV are presented with the newer version or “Cloud Version” of Dynamics NAV, now called Microsoft Business Central. The rich business ERP functionality that companies are used to is carried over to this next version which now incorporates modern digital transformation, has a fresh new user interface, and is made for the Cloud with the ability to add on functionalities with business applications (Apps).
Now with the era of modern systems and digital transformation, the next generation of NAV is called Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Just like Dynamics NAV, Business Central is also available as an On-Premises or Cloud ERP system. However, most customers tend to select the cloud version of Business Central. With a Cloud Enterprise System Deployment, there is a cost-saving associated with not having to rely on your infrastructure, and updates are much more frequent. In addition, Microsoft’s Cloud Azure service has advanced security levels and an extremely high up-time. You can access Business Central from any mobile device and conduct business on the go.
Functionality-wise, most of the same expansive business capabilities are also contained in Business Central compared to Dynamics NAV. The Supply Chain and Inventory Management capabilities of this ERP system have a broad depth of functionality which makes this solution ideal for companies such as Wholesale Distributors including the below key functionality areas below:
Robust Inventory Management Functionality
- Real-Time Inventory and Supply Chain Management Capabilities
- Multiple Locations allowing to you to monitor your inventory in many locations including Distribution Centers, Warehouses, Show Rooms, Retails Outlets, and More.
- Shipping Agent Management Solutions
- Warehouse Management Systems/ Automated Data Capture System (ADCS) “built-in” for streamlined inventory flow.
- Advanced Item Management Features including Item Charges, Item Cross References, Item Substitution, Budgets, Cycle Counting, and More!
- Multiple Forecasting Capabilities such as Supply Planning, Demand Forecasting, Supply, and Inventory Forecasting,
- Enterprise-Wide Connectivity to other departments of your organization such as Finance, Operations, Warehouse, Sales, Project Managers, Remote Employees, Service Personnel, Manufacturing, and others.
- Inventory KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to spot trends and give you better insight into critical business metrics.
- Microsoft AppSource; is a growing list of hundreds of unique business functionality applications (Apps) to customize your ERP Solution.
Learn more about Distribution in Microsoft Business Central
Visit our Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP White Papers
Contact iCepts Technology Group, Inc. A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Support Partner and Microsoft Business Central Partner