Microsoft Dynamics NAV can also empower wholesale distributors to streamline warehouse receiving and put-away, picking, packing, and labeling processes to reduce order cycle times and improve on-time delivery rates. You can also increase order fill rates with accurate availability information that can help people make promises to customers and reserve goods immediately. Because the solution integrates information from one end of the business to the other, you can automate previously manual steps such as order distribution to warehouse teams and the creation of picking or packing lists, shipping labels, manifests, and invoices. Information flows directly from one process to the next, and the completion of tasks can automatically trigger the next process without delays.
You can select from three levels of warehouse management functionality to tailor the solution to your exact needs with the flexibility to grow as your operations become more complex. Map inventory to warehouse locations to enable guided put-away and picking for the most efficient goods handling. Optimize warehouse layout and workflow, balance workloads, identify bottlenecks, and create what-if scenarios to guide changes to workflows as business needs evolve.
Increase the efficiency of everyday warehouse activities
By capturing and integrating comprehensive order, item, and warehouse information, and making use of defined locations, zones, and bins for optimal workflows, Microsoft Dynamics NAV can help you:
- Plan the receipt of inbound shipments and streamline receiving processes, including cross-references to POs or other source documents.
- Guide item put-away with directives based on preconfigured criteria such as item sales rates and utilization which helps steer the item to its correct location right from the start and avoids costly future internal movements
- Calculate and create replenishments of frequently used bins to focus on fast movers.
- Pick items to stage or ship, and use cross-dock orders for greater efficiency or use the “pick according to First-Expired-First-Out (FEFO)” which utilizes expiration dates to determine the items to pick.
- Efficiently move and track goods within or between warehouses using transfer orders.
- Handle sales returns to inventory, to damaged stock, or to scrap.
- Keep processes on track by setting up automated notifications to alert the right people for fast response to contingencies such as transaction changes or overdue deliveries.
- Comply with customer or retailer requirements for specific product and order identification, tracking, labeling, or unitizing standards.
- Quickly assigns the most cost-effective carrier or shipping service and monitor outgoing shipments to help ensure delivery.
- Fulfill orders with partial shipments from more than one warehouse location, while maintaining the option to split or consolidate invoicing.
- Perform physical inventories and reconciliation easily, with the option to implement cycle counting for improved efficiency.
And, when your business is ready, further increase operational speed and meet customer mandates when you can easily integrate radio frequency identification (RFID), bar-coding, or other Automated Data Collection Systems (ADCS) into your operations.
Request the entire white paper here: https://icepts.com/dynamics-nav-wholesale-distribution-whitepaper-request/