Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an all-in-one business management solution that’s easy to use and adapt, helping you connect your business and make smarter decisions. Built on functionality within Microsoft Dynamics NAV and adaptable to extend business applications to other Microsoft Cloud Services such as Office 365, Microsoft Automate, Power BI, and PowerApps; Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Solution can grow as your business requirements change while taking advantage of the latest technology. In this post, we will focus on the main ERP functionality set descriptions for each Microsoft Business Central Version: Essentials and Premium. This list, however, is not all-inclusive. There are over 100 unique business functionalities in just Business Central Essentials. This will give you an overview of the different versions.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials Version ($70/user/month): Leverage robust functionality and the power of the cloud to bring about better communication and information exchange across all areas of your business. The Essentials Functionality include the following areas with examples of the functionality of each:
- Advanced Financial Management-Cost Accounting, Inter-Company Postings, Cash Flow Forecast, Responsibility Centers, Multiple Currencies.
- Customer Relationship Management-Contact Management, Opportunities, Outlook Client Integration, Dynamics 365 for Sales (CRM) Connectivity.
- Inventory Management-Item Categories, Stock Keeping Units, Multiple Locations, Nonstock Items, Item Tracking.
- Sales-Pricing, Discounting, Sales Tax/VAT (depending on the country), Return Order Management, Invoices, Order Management.
- Project Management-Resources, Time Sheets, Estimates, Jobs
- Warehouse Management-Put Away, Pick, Automated Data Capture System, Bin Set-Up, Warehouse Management Systems, Cycle Counting.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium Version ($100/user/month): The Premium licensing includes all of the functionality in the Essentials version and enhances the ERP solution further with 2 powerful additional components: Service Management and Manufacturing.
- Service Management-Dispatching, Planning, Service Orders, Contracts.
- Manufacturing-Supply Planning, Agile Manufacturing, Capacity Planning, Demand Forecasting, Finite Loading, Machines Centers. Production BOM.
Next Steps: It is important to note that the licensing between both versions cannot be mixed. Companies have to decide which version would be the best fit their business needs. However, you can always start with the Essentials Version of Business Central and upgrade to Premium when you are ready. Likewise, you can start with a certain number of licensed users and add additional (or retract) users as needed. Finally, the users for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central are on a “Named User” basis and not “Concurrent”. An additional area to consider is implementation, training, and support. It is best to work with a seasoned and trusted Microsoft Partner that has both the skillset and experience to help make the transition to Cloud Business Systems successful.
iCepts Technology Group, Inc is Gold Microsoft ERP Partner for Microsoft Business Central. We specialize in just this single ERP system and can guide you through the process of which Microsoft Business Central Version would work best for your company. We have been helping companies with their ERP/Business Management Systems selection process for over 40 years and can help you make the best choice for your organization. Continue to read below and contact us for more information!
Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Use our Pricing tool and get an Estimate on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Partner in Pennsylvania.