Server Virtualization is a popular infrastructure strategy today that business can use to both save cost and become more efficient with their use of company resources. Hardware Virtualization uses software that creates a virtual machine (VM) that emulates a physical computer. This creates a separate OS environment that is logically isolated from the host server. By providing multiple VMs at once, this approach allows several operating systems to run simultaneously on a single physical machine.
Virtualization Strategies can reduces your expenses and headaches by maximizing your investment in server hardware.
Rather than paying for many under-utilized server machines, each dedicated to a specific workload, server virtualization allows those workloads to be consolidated onto a smaller number of more fully-used machines. Server Virtualization can save your company to become more efficient by having a:
- Increased availability for virtualized data centers through enhancements such as Live Migration
- Improved management of virtualized data centers through Powershell and System Center integration
- Increased Performance and Hardware Support for Hyper-V Virtual Machines via 64 logical processor support and processor compatibility mode
- Improved Virtual Networking Performance through new networking technologies
- A simplified method for physical and virtual computer deployments by using .vhd files
- Designed to provide a secure computing platform across both physical and virtual environments, enabled through next-generation architecture and security feature
Also, server virualization offered by iCept Technology Group can help your can also save money through:
- Fewer Machines, Cords, Rack and Switches
- Less Energy Required to Cool the Servers
- Less Support Fees for All of the Equipment
Learn more about how to Save Money with Server Virtualization
Watch a Video on Server Virtualiztion