What is Virtualization and how can this technology save your company money?
Virtualization uses software to create a Virtual Machine (VM) that emulates a physical computer. This creates a separate OS environment that is logically isolated from the host server. By providing multiple VMs at once, this approach allows several operating systems to run simultaneously on a single physical machine.
Rather than paying for many under-utilized server machines, each dedicated to a specific workload, server virtualization allows those workloads to be consolidated onto a smaller number of more fully-used machines.
Virtualization has may benefits and can save your company money from:
- Increased availability for virtualized data centers through enhancements such as Live Migration
- Improved management of virtualized data centers through Powershell and System Center integration
- Increased Performance and Hardware Support for Hyper-V Virtual Machines via 64 logical processor support and processor compatibility mode
- Improved Virtual Networking Performance through new networking technologies
- A simplified method for physical and virtual computer deployments by using .vhd files
- Designed to provide a secure computing platform across both physical and virtual environments, enabled through next-generation architecture and security features
- And much more!
Next Steps: Visit our Server Virtualization Information Page
Download: Discover more Infrastructure Solutions offered by iCepts
Contact Us: Contact us for further information about Server Virtualization
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc.-A Central Pennsylvania Technology Consulting Company for Virtuzliation