Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 has been recently enhanced with new features and deeper functionality into its’ core application including updates to Project Management in Jobs. Jobs are a way for you to schedule the usage of your company’s resources and to keep track of the various costs associated with the resources on a specific project. Jobs involves the consumption of employee hours, machine hours, inventory items, and other types of usage that you may want to track as a job progresses. Jobs has some new functionality and simplified features.
Enhanced Project Management in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 has resulted in a streamlined experience in Jobs, to help you manage your projects better. By using the new Jobs setup wizard allows you to set up jobs, enter time sheets, and Job Journals more easily, and use the updated Project Manager role center to quickly access common tasks, new charts, and a new “My Jobs list”. In addition, On the Job Card, you can see tasks, as well as other new fields, plus use the new Project Manager field, and get better visibility into the costs and billings for your jobs. Also, a new Job Quote report enables you to quickly email a customer the price for a project.
Key Project Management Functionality in Dynamics NAV 2018 Include:
Resources: Keep track of resources and prices. Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group, or track individual resources. Divide resources into labor and equipment and allocate resources to a specific job in a time schedule
Time Sheets: Time Sheet is a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval. Time Sheet provides integration to the Service, Jobs, and Basic Resources modules.
Capacity Management: Plan capacity and sales, and manage usage statistics and profitability of resources. Create your plan in a calendar system with the required level of detail and for the period of time that you need. Also monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
Multiple Costs: Manage alternative costs for resources and resource groups. The costs can be fixed or based on an additional percentage or an additional fixed charge. Define as many work types as you need.
Jobs: Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs. You can also:
- Create a plan for a job with multiple tasks and task groupings. Each task can have a budget and can be done for whatever period of time you need.
- Copy a budget from one job to another and set up a job-specific price list for charging of items, resources, and general ledger account expenses to the job’s customer
- View suggested Work in Progress and Recognition postings for a job.
- Plan and invoice the job in a currency other than the local currency using Jobs together with Multiple Currencies.
- Assign a specific job to a specific customer and invoice the job completely or partially using Jobs together with Sales Invoicing.
- Use the new Jobs setup wizard to set up jobs, enter time sheets, and Job Journals more easily, and use the updated Project Manager role center to quickly access common tasks, new charts, and a new My Jobs list.
- On the Job Card, you can see tasks, use the new Project Manager field, and get better visibility into the costs and billings for your jobs.
- A new Job Quote report enables you to quickly email a customer the price for a project.
Learn more about all of the New Features in Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2018
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner in Pennsylvania.