A distributor’s largest asset is their inventory which demands constant attention to maximize profits. When effectively managed, no other part of a distributor’s business can more positively impact their bottom line. To this end, Infor 10 Distribution Express (FACTS) Inventory Control provides a comprehensive set of tools that enable distributors to dramatically improve inventory management processes.
Gain Control of Restocking Processes
The daunting task of restocking – knowing what to order, when to order it and how much to order is easily brought under control with replenishment programs.
• Consult the Demand Action Report to glean items that have fallen below order point
• Utilize Vendor Review to monitor when to create purchase orders for certain vendors
• Use the Replenishment Report to review recommendations based on usage patterns
• Identify surplus stock to minimize carrying costs
• Qualify usage and lead time exceptions to ensure accurate demand forecasting
• Use the Flagged Item Reset program to quickly qualify unusual usage
• Run the Safety Allowance Reset to tune the safety allowance of each item
• Use the Movement Class Report to reset each item’s movement class according to its usage and sales and to identify dead stock
Better Manage Multi-Locations
For multi-location distributors, the need to manage transfers with ease is imperative for the transfer process to be efficient and easy-to-use.
• Transfers can be suggested and linked to a sales order from a different warehouse
• Transfers and confirm transfer shipments and receipt
• Track in-transit transfers, Use the Transfer Fill Report to prioritize which sales orders can be filled by recent transfer receipt
Accurate Physical Inventory
An accurate physical inventory reduces costly errors and helps maintain optimal levels of inventory to ensure you meet your customers’ needs. Inventory Control gives you the tools to easily and effectively manage this process.
• Perform full physical inventories or cycle counts based on user-defined criteria
• Use the Discrepancy Report to identify possible re-count items
• Use the Capture Quantities program to avoid downtime in your operations during physical inventory processing
• Update inventory levels based on count entries
Costing and Pricing
To provide flexible price matrices and prevent billing errors, costing and pricing programs offer several price level and quantity break options.
• Use the Electronic Price Updates to import vendor price lists
• Enter price changes at your leisure to become active on their effective date
• Assign each customer a preferred price level
• Create quantity breaks which will automatically be recognized by the sales order entry
• Pricing can be set using either fixed dollar amounts or be formula-based for immediate updating due to varying costs or list price
This screen reveals everything a distributor needs to know about an item, whether sales-related or inventory management-related.
• View current on-hand, on-order, backordered and committed quantities in each warehouse
• Review pricing detail for all price levels and quantity breaks
• Examine current purchase orders and review their expected arrival dates
• View the orders that individual items are currently committed to
• Look at Ledgercards to view the effect of transactions on the item’s on-hand quantity
• View and analyze transfer activity for an item
Inventory Control provides various reports including:
• Stock Status Report
• Surplus Stock Report
• Inventory Turns Report
• Seasonal Item Report
• Flagged Item Report
Leave a Reply[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]