From order entry to fulfillment, Accellos One Warehouse works together with your ERP system to provide the end-to-end solution for the materials handling management and real-time inventory visibility throughout the enterprise. This document highlights a high-level process flow, derived from a subset of available functionality within Accellos One Warehouse:
• Advanced multi-warehouse, multi-zone and multi-bin management
• Automated goods-receipt processing
• Order management including advanced allocation and pick document distribution
• Pick bin replenishment
• Advanced pick and pack strategies for optimal warehouse performance
Once a purchase order has been entered into your ERP system, it is seamlessly transferred to the WMS (Warehouse Management Software) where receivers await shipment. They are armed with wireless mobile computers that have integrated bar code scanners. After an inbound shipment arrives at the warehouse, the receiving team will typically unload the truck and grab the paperwork to identify which purchase orders are being received.
The first job of the WMS software is to receive items accurately into the warehouse and then reconcile the shipment against the original purchase orders entered into your ERP system.
Rather than using pen and paper to reconcile physical receipts, the receiver will bring up the purchase orders on a handheld computer. Once this is done, the receiver only needs to start identifying the product that is being unloaded (in no particular sequence).
With Accellos One Warehouse, the receiver counts down against items being received right off of the container. It validates items against multiple purchase orders in the background, and then seamlessly updates your ERP system. No more paperwork! Because a receipt is recorded as soon as items are entered into the handheld, stock may be immediately put away to a bin location.
Bin location assignment following receipt may be automatic; stock can be transferred to a temporary receiving location if receipts are to be staged prior to put-away.
Most of the time, stock will be put-away following goods receipt. If there are backorders waiting for product (standard or non-stock) or there is a “low stock alert,” stock may be put away directly to pick locations. Otherwise, stock handlers will move pallets into bulk locations (typically up in the pallet racks or on floor stacks).
Whether you receive floor loaded containers from overseas or small shipments by common courier, Accellos One Warehouse has tools to enable accurate, efficient receiving:
• Receive multiple orders simultaneously in no sequence, without paperwork
• Scan product bar code or use quick lookup functions to identify products as they are being received
• Print carton or pallet-ID labels as product is being received
• Receive multiple pack-sizes on the fly.
• Cross-dock non-stock items to forward pick locations
• Immediately put product away without staging
Request the entire document at: https://icepts.com/goods-through-your-warehouse-white-paper-request