As cloud technology business offerings become more and more common, sometimes companies are not aware that there are options for a more traditional, or “on-premises” systems. Modern technology solutions and systems that are “in the cloud” are often synonymous however, there are distinct advantages to both deployment options.
Business today use various cloud applications to help them stay productive and connected to colleague, customers and prospects. From Email programs, CRM, ERP and many other solutions, Cloud deployment is the preferred option due to a lower initial cost to get started plus companies can take advantage of the latest product versions. Let’s focus on a popular Business Management System called Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is the next generation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV available either as a Cloud or On-Premises Business Management ERP System. This ERP solution has vast functionality around many key business areas such as financial, supply chain, project management, manufacturing, service management and much more. In addition to this Microsoft ERP’s business capabilities is the flexibility of how to set up the system. Continue readying to learn about the pros and cons of deployment options:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Cloud Deployment-”In-The-Cloud” ERP simply means that business data and systems are stored elsewhere via internet connections.
• No Infrastructure to Maintain • Internet Reliant
• Updates are Continuous • Possible Regulation Restrictions
• MS AppSource Add-On Functionality • No “Ownership” of ERP System
• Integration with other Cloud Systems • Potential Storage Costs
• Much Lower Initial Set Up Costs
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central On-Premises Deployment-The system and business data are stored in-house via server(s).
• Utilize your Existing Infrastructure • Limited Cloud-Based Services
• You Own the ERP Licenses • No Key Business Updates
• Not Internet Dependent • Higher Set-Up Costs
• Control over Updates • Technology Becomes Outdated
• No Additional Data Storage Costs
Download the ERP Cheat Sheet: Cloud Vs On-Premises
Learn more about functionality in Cloud or On-Premises ERP Systems
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. A Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP and CRM partner in Pennsylvania