Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a true Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for SMB. Everything from Financials, Supply Chain and Inventory Management, Sales, Purchasing, CRM, Project and Service Management, plus even Manufacturing are available in this popular Microsoft ERP System. Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central has rich functionality including the following core modules listed below:
- Bill of Materials
- Production Orders
- Agile Manufacturing
- Version Management
- Supply Planning
- Demand Forecasting
- Sales and Inventory Planning
- Finite Loading
- Machine Centers
For small and mid-size make-to-stock (MTS), make-to-order (MTO), or assemble-to-order (ATO) manufacturers who want to optimize their Business Central ERP system further or have advanced Manufacturing requirements there are proven add-on solutions from Insights Works. Insight Works provides the modular building blocks needed to create a tailored solution that includes Material Resource Planning (MRP) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) capabilities that work the way you need them to.
Insight Works allows your company to extend the Manufacturing Capabilities of your Microsoft Business Central system with any of the following integrated Applications (Apps):
- Order Management-Simplify order entry with an industrial point-of-sale solution
- Configurator-A robust configurator to make quote and order generation more efficient
- Document Accessibility-A robust configurator to make quote and order generation more efficient
- Receiving and Stock Picks-Manage raw materials and finished goods with versatile a Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Inventory Counts-Simplify inventory counts with comprehensive data entry, reconciliation, posting, and analysis tools.
- Material Requirements Planning (MES)-Optimize your manufacturing process with a series of enhanced planning apps including:
- Enhanced Planning Worksheet
- Item Planning Review
- Enhanced Forecasting Worksheet
- Multi-Level BOM Viewer
- Advanced Scheduling-Streamline scheduling with an advanced finite capacity scheduling app.
- Visualizing Production Schedules-Visualize each workstation, enabling managers & staff to manage production scheduling more effectively
- Downtown Planning for Maintenance-Minimize disruptions to your manufacturing process with intelligent maintenance planning
- Production Asset Maintenance-Turn Business Central into a robust maintenance management system.
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES)-Data collection and acquisition for better decision making.
- Quality Control-Highly configurable, built-in quality control
- Managing Safety on the Shop Floor-Improve and maintain shop floor safety while tracking corrective actions and hazard assessments.
- Analyze Routing-Evaluate your actual production times to your planned production times to improve costing, sales margins, and scheduling.
- Production Consumption and Output-Leverage handheld devices to accurately record output and consumption for production and assembly orders.
- License Plating–Easily track entire pallets, boxes, or containers of manufactured goods, including mixed lot/serial numbers.
- Reporting-Performance reporting at your fingertips.
- Complete Shipping Solution-Easily add carrier integration, real-time shipping rates, package management, and shipment tracking to Business Central
- Hundreds of LTL Carriers Supported-Manage all your LTL shipping details from within Business Central using apps from Insight Works.
- Hazardous Material Support-Easily manages your hazardous material classifications and associated Business Central inventory items.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)-Get business done faster, smarter and more accurately with EDI
About Insight Works.
is a leader in the Operational Productivity Improvement through the efficient implementation of add-on solutions for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics Business Central ERP systems. Insight Work has focused its efforts on helping Manufacturing, Warehousing and Distribution Companies get the most out of their Microsoft ERP products. Learn more about Insight Works here!
About iCepts Technology Group, Inc.
For over 40 years, iCepts Technology Group, Inc. a 100% employee-owned company has been helping small to midsized companies use modern technology solutions to streamline operations in their specialized business departments to become more efficient and therefore profitable. We focus numerous on numerous popular Microsoft Technologies such as ERP, CRM, Office, Microsoft 365, Power BI, and more! Learn more about iCepts Technology Group, Inc. here!