We have expertise in Microsoft Servers, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, VOIP Phone Systems, Server Virtualization as well as cloud computing.
Our Networking & Security Group has been helping our clients since 1980.
Areas of Expertise
Open Source Voice Over IP Phone System
Open Source Voice Over IP (VOIP) Phone systems Open source VoIP (Voice over IP) involves the transmitting of voice traffic over an existing Local Area Network (LAN) using wiring already in place for computer connectivity (CAT 5 cabling). So instead of having separate cables for the phone system to connect to the desk phones, with VoIP, the data connections can be used to connect phones to the phone system. The “phone system” is now another server that is integrated into the network.
Hardware Virtualization uses software to create a Virtual Machine (VM) that emulates a physical computer. This creates a separate OS environment that is logically isolated from the host server. By providing multiple VMs at once, this approach allows several operating systems to run simultaneously on a single physical machine.
Rather than paying for many under-utilized server machines, each dedicated to a specific workload, server virtualization allows those workloads to be consolidated onto a smaller number of more fully-used machines.
- Increased availability for virtualized data centers through enhancements such as Live Migration
- Improved management of virtualized data centers through Powershell and System Center integration
- Increased Performance and Hardware Support for Hyper-V Virtual Machines via 64 logical processor support and processor compatibility mode
- Improved Virtual Networking Performance through new networking technologies
- A simplified method for physical and virtual computer deployments by using .vhd files
- Designed to provide a secure computing platform across both physical and virtual environments, enabled through next-generation architecture and security features
We are certified in Google Apps and can help your business reduce IT costs plus improve the way employees work together with Google Apps Premier Edition
Only $50 per user per year!
Google Apps suite includes:
- Google Calendar
- Google Docs
- Google Sites
- Google Apps Marketplace
- and more
Google Apps offers simple, powerful communication and collaboration tools for any size business – all hosted by Google to streamline setup, minimize maintenance, and reduce IT costs.
- Customized email addresses
- Mobile email, calendar, and IM access
- No additional hardware or software
- Industry-leading spam filtering
- 24/7 email and phone support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
** The 99.9% uptime SLA for Google Apps is offered to organizations using Google Apps Premier Edition, as described in the Google Apps Premier Edition Terms of Service.
Microsoft Exchange Server
With Exchange, users can access their mailboxes from wherever they go, with full support for Outlook, a premium web browser experience, and access from a wide range of mobile devices.
- More storage options make it possible to offer users low cost large mailboxes so they can access all their essential information in one place
- Calendar sharing allows users to share free/busy information with colleagues, even if they work at another company
- Email archiving, eDiscovery Search, retention policies, and legal hold to help you preserve and discover data
- Security policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remotely wipe data from lost phones.
- Choice of deployment options including Exchange Server on-premises, Exchange Online in the cloud, and hybrid deployment options
- A greater choice of storage hardware options, including Direct Attached Storage and Storage Area Networks, and support for less expensive disks that can dramatically lower overall storage costs
- A new high availability, disaster recovery and backup solution reduces the cost of delivering business continuity
- Role-based access control, self-service capabilities, and web-based administration tools, allow you to delegate tasks to users without giving them full administrative rights. This reduces the burden on IT staff and lowers operational costs
- The built-in capabilities of Exchange ActiveSync allow you to avoid device management costs and support users on virtually any mobile device
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help people derive the most value from information at the lowest total-cost-of-ownership. Enjoy high levels of performance, availability, and security; employ more productive management and  application development tools; and deliver pervasive insight with self-service  business intelligence (BI).
- Complete information platform for applications of all sizes.
- Managed, familiar self-service BI tools.
- Support for large-scale data centers and data warehouses.
- Opportunities to build and extend applications in the cloud.
- Integration with the Microsoft Application Platform.
What can you do to protect the systems on your networks?
- Use Layered Security.
- Create a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- The external router should be hardened to block invalid, RFC 1918, RFC 2827, spoofed IP’s & ICMP; outbound access list blocking, source routing & directed broadcast blocking, DoS attack prevention, limit administrative management, etc.
- Harden firewall configuration to severely restrict inbound access, deploy DMZ’s, employ IPSec VPN’s w/ AES, use firewall level authentication, and restrict outbound ports.
- Harden PC configurations, employ a host firewall, use WSUS for updates, use Firefox as browser, remove local administrative access from users, Group Policy to roll out security settings, encryption, bios passwords, etc.
- Secure wireless (in order of preference): WPA2-EAP, WPA-EAP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WEP, no encryption.
- Employ Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
- Monitor internal networks for ARP/DHCP attacks.
- Employ redundancy in routers, firewalls, switches, and servers.
- Use physical security.
- Make sure that off-site backups (Network/disk/tape) are created daily